Monday, February 21, 2011

where the heart is

I have been trying to focus on our lives here in Maine and have found such wonderful new friends here ..but.... there is a huge BUT... My heart is not here. My mind is not here. I am homesick for the South. For the warm days with the sun shining on my face, for the whispering pines , for the friendly people . It just really goes on and on. (sonic kicks ass)
I guess I had some very unrealistic expectation when moving our family up here. I thought my feelings towards my family and my in laws would change and i thought theirs would also. I guess they have in the way that are supposed to. I have more clarity on tings and how both of our families work.
I have come to love how truly different we are then all of them. To embrace our differences and how we see life and raising our children. I am so very grateful that we did come back here and that it just makes our convictions even stronger in our day to day lives.
I am sad that my children suffer from all of this and that i can only stand with them and wipe there tears and know that there is a lesson in all of this. That it is ok to feel how you feel and to sit with it.
Home is where your heart feels in should be. Where you feel most comfortable. With the sun warming your face and love in your heart <3

1 comment:

Dracula said...

That is an awesome post!