Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Friends

What a year this has been. I have "met" so many awesome, passionate people online. Who would have thought even 2 years ago that i would be surrounding myself and my family with such warm people. It has been so helpful to support each other along this journey we are all taking.

I love seeing how others live and where they live. How they play and hang out with there families. What a world we live in to be able to share things like this with others from around the world.

I know some have opinions with children that are unschooled or homeschooled and that they may not be social enough. I shake my head and laugh.
I have a few thoughts on this.

How is it working for the children that are in school? Do these children get picked on? Do they get ridiculed? Shunned? What about the "cool"kids? Are they really happy?
My children may not be surrounded by 100's of children daily and i am so very thankful for this. They have friends across the world. The will learn to become good friends and listeners. They will cherish the times they do spend with there friends when they see them instead of fighting and with each other. What good times to be had <3

What really makes a friend anyway? Is it someone who "has" to be near you in the way of physical being? See i don't think this is so. I think its all about you feelings in your heart and your vibrations in your soul who you consider a true friend.
And I am so thankful that i have many of these friends . much peace and love to all of them <3

3 comments:

Andrew Turner said...

Soon, the debate over homeschooling vs public vs christian vs private will be over. There is no magic key to a child's development, EXCEPT the involvement of parents. My children have attended public school and have done great. We have friends who homeschool their children, and they are awesome kids.

People need to do what they feel is right and best. That's really all it has ever come down to.

Good to see you blogging! Now I'm feeling guilty for neglecting mine...

tanya or MOM said...

I agree that parents are the key. I also believe that people should do what works for them :)

Now whats your blog? and why are you neglecting it?

SaRaH said...

"like!"